Wednesday, August 27, 2008

sigh

Color me disappointed.

I know I've blogged about the fiber guild that I meet with on the last Wednesday of the month. Well due to illness and my just plain forgetting, it's been a few months since I've been able to go. Well, today just so happens to be the last Wednesday of the month.

I got the kid dressed and in the car. We drove the 15 miles or so downtown. And no one was there. The doors were locked and the lights were off. *sigh*

So, I decided to run to the nearest bank for some cash. I always take the kid for some fries afterwards. Well it wasn't too far out of the way, so I drove back past the community center and the lights were on. Unfortunately, the doors were still locked. *grumble*

I just said screw it and took the kid to McDonald's and got him a happy mean. And I gotta admit, the fries I got were the best fries I've had in ages. I wasted some gas, but at least I ended up with some good fries. lol

Been working on the Galveston shawl again. I haven't gotten very far though. heh I should have gotten a few inches done tonight but I'm going to write instead. I've decided to write my own Harry Potter fan fiction story. It's a story that has been knocking around in my head for a few months now. I even dream about it. I'm on the third chapter and so far the two people that have read what I've got, have liked it. I want to get at least halfway through the story before I ask for some betas and publish it. I just want to make sure that I actually finish the darn thing. hehe

No comments: