Monday, November 17, 2008

On health and stuff

Yeah, I've been absent a bit again. I've been sick for about 2 1/2 weeks. Started out with a normal cold. Then it went into weird bouts of fever and runny nose. Now, I think I've got a sinus infection. I woke up this morning and my upper lip was swollen like crazy but it went down after about an hour or so. Mom came over today and she brought me a neti pot. Talk about a weird sensation. heh My nose has been real clear since I used it but it didn't really help with the pain much. Not that I expected it to.

I've also been gone because my pc was down for a few weeks. I do believe that the power cords inside are messed up. I got it running again but I accidentally touched the wires attached to my hard drive and it restarted on me. My bro is out on the road for work, so it is going to be a while before I can get him to look at it. It is running though.

I've been stuck in Ravelry a lot lately and in the dozen or so fanfictions that I'm reading. heh I just love to read but it doesn't make for very interesting things to share. Not much in the way of knitting has been going on either. It all kind of stopped when the pc went poof on me. All of my patterns are on my second hard drive and I didn't have access to it. I got a usb to ide cable adapter so I can hook up extra hard drives to the usb port on any computer I'm using. It's way cool but it makes me nervous that the hard drive will overheat.

Oh well, I need to get myself ready for sleep here soon. I'll try not to ignore y'all from now one. :)

No comments: