Monday, June 30, 2008

motherhood

sigh

My son has a really nice bike that I bought him last spring. I've refused to put training wheels on it because they really don't help. He had them on his last bike and I found him riding it leaned all the way to the side so the training wheel was holding him up rather than trying to balance.

Learning how to ride the latest bike was put off after he broke his arm last July. My father has decided it is now time for him to learn.

bangs head on desk

I am not a happy camper. I am not strong enough or fast enough to help him learn. He can't seem to get the idea that HE needs to balance himself and I'm not supposed to be holding him up. I have to push him to start because he can't get the peddles going. The moment he starts to loose balance, he stops the bike. Half the time when I get him going, I realize he isn't even peddling. whimper

I have no clue how to help him with this. He spends the whole time whining that he can't do it. Then he squeals and whines when he looses his balance.

I've already warned him that we are going out again tomorrow. I'm dreading it though. It's times like this that I finally regret not having a guy around. It would be so nice to have someone to make do the hard stuff. lol

No comments: