Saturday, October 27, 2012

So yeah

I know it's been forever and a day since I've posted to this blog. I'm sure most of the blame can be put on Ravelry. It's just so easy to post the little things over there and not mess with the blog. I've been thinking about starting back up over there though.

So, lots of things have been happening around here. Some more recent than others but life is a bit different.

Red never did get her supervisor position back from SG. There was lots of tension between those two for a long time. And then suddenly, SG decided to switch shifts. Not two weeks later, we get informed that the weekend shift is no more. The few remaining people on our shift all went to the day shift. So now I work four 10 hour shifts on Monday thru Thursday. I really don't enjoy getting up before 3:30 AM but I am home by 4 PM. And I still have a 3 day weekend, if I'm not working overtime that is. SG is working 2nd shift and has pretty much cut himself off from the people that had been on the weekend shift. Red and I are the only ones that are left after 3 months on days. And oh jeez has her attitude gone way down hill. She is convinced that everyone is out to get her. She is super jealous that I get along with the new supervisor and she doesn't. She is constantly shooting herself in the foot. After a few rough spots at the very beginning, I'm getting along fine with the people on days. I'm mostly used to the new schedule but there are days when I really miss having 4 days off.

Homewise, we are still living in the crappy little duplex. I still haven't gotten a new bed. But, I'm like inches away from paying off my car and my other outstanding bills. I swear on all that is holy, that I WILL get a new bed in the spring. I really have no choice because it's getting harder and harder to get a good night's sleep on the old one. lol Mostly my health has really improved. I get occasional sinus infections but my IBS has been behaving 90% of the time. And the hive attacks have gotten very infrequent. The only big problem I have right now is a torn tendon in my left foot. Even though it's the foot that I can barely feel, it sure as hell hurts most of the time. I've got a brace that I wear out of the house and I've been babying it at home as much as possible. I've got to do some major cleaning up in the next few days though, so it's going to be pretty sore. We are FINALLY getting cable internet next Friday!!!! I can NOT wait. I have no clue why the city council finally gave in and let the cable company move into town. It's been a long 13 year wait. lol Oh and as far as the major cleaning, that is only because I'm trying to stay off my foot as much as possible. I've actually been keeping the house mostly clean for quite a while now. I would say that 90% of the time I'm ok with letting someone in the house now. I just need to get caught back up on the dishes and clean up around my computer before they come install everything next week.

Nick is doing really well. There have been some med changes and bumps along the way. We have found a good med combination though and he has nearly straight As this semester. He is in therapy to try and help him deal with some of his roadblocks. I'm hoping that it will finally get him to a place where he can try and expand his diet. I swear I don't know how he grows at all on how little he eats. I'm only about an inch taller than he is now but he is still a skinny lil shit. He is still doing karate two nights a week. It can be a bit of a trial to get him out the door for class, but once he is there, he really has fun.He still doesn't have many friends but he doesn't seem to mind much. He would rather play with his video games and mess with Legos than go out and play.

So, yeah, things here are mostly good. The whole schedule change is really the only big change. I'm still mostly hiding out in the house being a hermit and the kid is still being a pita boy. lol

I'm going to try and post some of the more interesting things that have been going on around here. There have been some work stories and ghost stories lately. I just haven't quite made it here to post about them. Maybe I will soon.


No comments: