Monday, April 11, 2005

I'm a baaaaad girl

Well I haven't as yet started my sweater. I've got all the yarn and the needles that I need. I don't really have an LYS other than Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Wally World, so I haven't been able to get the right length of circular needles. I don't feel like ordering them off the net. I mean cripes, why can't they sell 16" circulars in the regular stores. All I can find are 29" ones. I'm going to fanagle it with two sets of double points to do the neck. I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do with the neck. The pattern calls for ribbing but I would kind of like a loose turtle neck or cowel neck. I'm thinking I'll start off the sweater on a chain and figure the neck out later.

I just got two books of plus sized sweater patterns, so I'm really getting in the mood for knitting some big things now. Only problem is the one book calls for Homespun for all the sweaters. I'm sorry but there is no way I'm making a sweater with that crap. I made an afghan for my bed with it and love it but no way would I wear a sweater made of it out of the house. I made my son a hat with some and the darn thing stretched out completely and even washing didn't make it spring back in to shape. I'm not one to do gauge swatches and stuff but I guess I'm going to have to do something to find a yarn that is close to the same gauge. I can only afford the cheap stuff but no way am I going with Red Heart. LOL OK so I do have a vest I'm designing out of the stuff but I just loved the colors and am hoping that washing it will soften it up some.

Ok I need to get my butt to bed. I have to be up in 4 hours to get the kid on the bus. *groan* I'm really going to give this blog thing a try. Not that I expect anyone to read it. roflmao

No comments: