Monday, April 25, 2005

I'm a good girl now

I've been a busy little knitting bee the last few days. I've finally started my sweater!!!!! List mommy isn't going to be happy that I've violated the major theme of the knit-a-long. It is a top down knit-a-long and I've started at the bottom. LOL So I guess I'm not that good of a girl, but at least I've got it going now. I'm not following a pattern on this one. I think I have pattern aversion disorder. hehehe I do know how to follow them but there aren't that many free patterns for us big girls. Basically I swatched my yarn first using size 8 needles and realized that 1) It was going to take forever to get a sweater done on size 8 needles and 2) The fabric was just too tight. So then I swatched with size 10s which is what the yarn calls for anyway. Hmmmmm maybe those labels do have the right info on them sometimes. :OP My gauge was even the same as the label. I'm amazed!!

After I did my swatch, I measured a good fitting t-shirt. I can not stand tight clothes and I wear all my shirts kind of baggy. I've got about 8 inches of ease. It may be a bit excessive but oh well. I cast on using size 8 needles and did 4 rows of k1p1 ribbing. Then I switched over to my size 10 needles and began working in stockingnette. Boring I know but I'm using Bernat Soft Boucle and any sort of pattern is going to get lost in it. I'm going to knit up to the arm holes and then work the back and front separately. I don't know if I'm going to try the 3 needle bind off or get real adventurous and do the kirtchner stitch. Doubt I spelled that right. LOL Not 100% sure if I'm going to do any neck shaping first or not. I want to do a cowl neck so I might do at least some shaping.

In other good news my vest is coming along great. I'm about to head over on to the back. I just need to measure, measure, measure for how many stitches I need to cast on for the neck. I've got the length of the 2 front pieces just about perfect I think. I can't believe I finally have them done. hehehe Only been working on it for a year.

I'm finally done with the white dazzelaire slipper socks that I was doing for a knit-a-long. I'm pretty proud of them. I finally got the toes right. When I did the green socks I was doing the kirtchner stitch backwards. I was actually making the stitches purl. ooops But hey, I don't actually have anyone to teach me this stuff in person. It so sucks not knowing anyone that knits or crochets. I'm going to try and find the cord to connect my camera up to my pc and post some pictures of my finished work and my WIPs. I haven't used the camera in a year cause it sucks so badly. But, what do you expect for $50. *shrugs*

Enough blabber for now. I'm pooped and I have to shoot NetZero cause I've been disconnected 5 times in the last 15 mins.

No comments: