Monday, August 07, 2006

Blah de Blah Blah Blah

Man oh man did Monday come too soon. Work was just peachy and I didn't have to work overtime. I did stay at Mom's for a bit though. She had corn on the cob on the stove. I had to gobble 2 ears before heading home with the kid.

I spent the afternoon swatching. I've decided to make the Peacock Lace sweater from Great Big Knits. I love love this book and it's predecessor Big Knits. Sure I wish that there were multiple sizes, but at least the one size is big enough that I don't have to alter the pattern.

The pattern calls for Rowan Handknit DK Cotton. Ummmm welllll I don't have any. I do have two cones of Schuss-Plus DK wool. The pattern calls for US size 6 needles. I had to go down to freakin size 2s. I've cast on for the back and I have to use US 1s. Gaaaaahhhhhhhh

But I have gauge. Sort of. hehehe It's close enough when you take in consideration the oversized fit of the sweater. I will be measuring lots as I'm going along to make sure that it doesn't end up being absolutely huge. hehe

BTW: Look down. Like my new divider? I think it's just the cutest. I got it from Tara. I didn't realize it until today, but she has started a blog to share her graphics. She has lots of cute stuff there to snag.

Anyways, I'm off to finish the edging on the sweater and then I'm hittin the sack.

Night Y'all!!

1 comment:

FaeryCrafty said...

That divider is too cute!