Thursday, October 12, 2006

boy oh boy

It is gonna take me some time to get used to working 2nd shift. It might be easier if I could get my sleep all in one block.

As it is, I get to sleep for about 5 hours and then I have to get up and go get Nick ready for school. After I drop him off, I come home and try to get another 2 hours of sleep.

I'm not getting much of anything done here at the house. I really need to get some cleaning done.

I did finish the short row heel on my sock. But, I'm gonna rip it out and do it again. I just don't like the way that some of the wraps are looking. Somehow I ended up with an extra wrap on one side. That isn't the part that looks bad though. I think I'll take the hat to work on on breaks and work on the heel this weekend when I can sit and do the whole thing at one time. I think working 1x1 rib in spurts will be a little easier than trying to turn a heel 5 or 10 minutes at a time. hehe

So far Nick is adjusting well to not seeing me much. He did have to go to bed an hour early the first night at my folk's because he wouldn't eat his dinner. Last night though, he ate like a dang pig. lol He had a hot dog, tater tots, spaghetti and chicken nuggets. Most nights I'm lucky if he will eat a few bites of just one of those.

Mom has decided it is a waste of money for him to be in daycare after school. She doesn't want to have to drive back to town to get him. So 3 days out of the week, I'll pick him up after school and race like hell to get him to their house and to work on time. Traffic around here sucks big time around 3pm. We have lots of factories, 2 elementary schools and a community college that all get out around the same time. Granted, the traffic isn't as bad as if I lived in a big city, but it can still take 5 minutes or more to get onto the main road from my house a block away. I may try going through the college's parking lot today when I go get the kid from school.

Anyways, I'm off to try and clean up the living room some. Nick was only home for about 90 minutes yesterday but he sure made a mess. hehe

No comments: