Sunday, January 13, 2008


It was a long weekend. I though the brunt of it would be over when I got to my folk's house to get the kid after work. Ummmm no.

I ended up taking my mom to the ER right after getting there. She hasn't been feeling well for a week or so. Some nasty headaches for no real reason. Just feeling icky. Then today she was feeling off and she just got really hot. Her chest and head were really warm and she felt out of sorts. She was crying when she said she wanted me to take her to the doctor. I told her to get her shoes and went to tell my dad that I was taking her in. ( He had been drinking and was in no shape to drive. )

Good news is that it isn't her heart. Her pulse, bp and blood oxygen were all fine. The doctor thinks it might be hormonal or something. She has already gone through the change and had no hot flashes then but that might have been what it was.

I think part of it was stress. First Nick was in the hospital and then he spent 3 1/2 days at her house. He is a good kid but he can be a handful. And I found out that some stuff that I really didn't know about because of my age when it happened. I never really knew how old my grandma was when she died. I had just started 3rd grade. She was only 55. She developed lung cancer at 54 and died a year later. My mom is 54. She just quit smoking 4 months ago. Also within the last year or so, three members of my mom's extended family have developed lung cancer.

So, understandably she is worried. Unfortunately we aren't all that close emotionally. It's really hard to express any sort of emotions around her without worrying how she will react. Hopefully my quick agreement to take her to the doctor and sitting with her the whole time at least partly showed her that I do care. I do wish she and I had the sort of relationship that I am trying to have with my son but it is just so difficult. There have been lots of issues in the past that are hard to let lay.

Ok, I need a shower and some sleep. I was woken up too early this morning. I do believe there was a ghost in my room talking to me. I clearly heard a woman's voice saying something. I couldn't understand the words, but I clearly heard something being said. It was repeated for or five times. I got up and turned on the light trying to figure out where the voice was coming from, but I couldn't find it. Radio, tv and computer speakers were all off. I can't hear the neighbors tv well enough to make out voices at all and it was just after 4am, so not much chance she was up watching tv so loudly I could hear the voices. TJ of course thinks I'm nuts. Forget that he swears there are two different ghosts haunting his house and farm. But they only move things on him. He has never heard them make any noise.

BTW, Nick is doing really well. It's hard to believe he was even sick. He still has 5 days of antibiotics to take.

OK, I'm outta here.

No comments: