Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Man this weekend has been long. Spent the day at my folk's house. My bro and his gal came over too. She has some projects that she wants me to do for their wedding. She wants me to make a ring bearer's pillow and cover a box for their cards. Poor girl doesn't realize I'm not really a good sewer. hehehe

Work on the MS2 is kind of stalled. I ripped out all the border that I did. For some reason right around the beginning of the border the yarn got totally snagged. I ended up cutting it. whhhhaaaaaa!!!! I think I did a pretty good job at spit splicing it. We shall see. I started working another border by the seat of my pants but bleehhhhhh. I didn't like it, so I ripped it out too. I'm thinking about using one of the final charts from the MS1. I just have to figure out how many stitches are on the needles and if I can fit the chart repeats in there without fudging too much.

I've also decided to play with some sock yarn. I've really wanted to try two socks at once from the toe up. Yeahhhhhhh Not so fun. hehe I decided to use a short row toe after reading stuff on Wendy's blog and a couple of patterns. Of course I couldn't find one pattern that I really liked. So I'm fudging it. This means that there has been a whole lot of ripping goin on. I found it impossible to work the short row toe with both socks on the circs. I ended up working them via the magic loop method and switching back and forth. I tried like hell to match up the color changes but some how it doesn't look just right. I'm using Bernat Sox in Jazz Hot. I didn't want to chance messing up my Lorna's Laces. bawk bawk

I started out with 36 sitches and worked the short row toe. Then I increased 3 stitches and tried to work a half assed ripple pattern. (K1, YO, K5, K2tog, SSK, K5, YO) I worked 3 repeats across the top of the foot and did the bottom plain. Well, the decreases made weird pouches on the top of the foot. So I ripped back one of them. I undid the increases. I'm now doing the ripple as: (K1, YO, K2, K2tog, SSK, K2, YO) I'm hoping this causes less pouching. I'm doing 4 repeats across the top of the foot and the bottom plain. Once I get my act together and have some real progress, I'll post some pictures.

I was playing on eBay again today. Bad idea. hehe I bid on 8 issues of Knitter's, 3 issues of Vogueknitting and a lot of 6 BHG Easy Knitting mags. I ended up winning 7 issues of Knitter's at $2 each and 2 issues of VK at $2 each. All of the mags are from before I started knitting. Once can never have too many knitting mags. hehe The one issue os Knitter's that I didn't win went for $12. sheeeeeeeesh Sure hope the winner loves it. hehe But hey, I got 9 magazines for $18. I'm waiting for a shipping quote from the seller. I don't think it should be too high.

Anyways, I'm off to do some cleaning. My mom is watching the kid tomorrow while I'm working. She is gonna kick my butt for not having the dishes done. hehe

No comments: