Saturday, April 08, 2006

Kinky Bastage!!

I started going to physical therapy last week for dizzy spells and back pain. The therapist is a real sweet guy but man is he kinky. He is totally in to bondage. He calls it "take therapy" but it's bondage just the same. I sure as hell had trouble moving when he was done trussing me up. hehehe

Actually, he put some hypoallergenic tape on my back and then some heavy brown tape. He used the brown tape to hold my shoulders back so I was in a super straight stance. He says this takes the pressure and strain off of the muscles in my back that are causing me trouble. I couldn't lift my arms very well and turning my head was almost impossible. Don't ask me how I managed to drive the 20 miles to my mom's house to get the kid. hehe I left the tape on for about 4 hours. By that time the muscles in my shoulders that the tape was pulling on were starting to get tired.

I had mom take the tape off for me. Most of it was fine but when she got to my left shoulder, I thought I was gonna start screaming. I had to take that part of the tape off myself. It hurt so freakin bad I wanted to cry. The skin was super sensitive for about an hour and was red for about 2 hours. But boy howdy did my lower back feel awesome after the tape came off. I'm not sure if I'm gonna let him tape me up again next Friday. I guess it will depend on how much my back hurts by then. hehehe

In knitting news, I haven't been working on the shawl. I had been workin on the hat but today I messed it up and will have to spend some time tinking a bit. I've mostly been working on a filet crochet kerchief. I'm using a pattern of my own that shows 4 roses in the middle and a simple check border. I'm using some blue variegated cotton thread. I had hoped it would look like one of those blue plates that people collect. You can't really see the roses because the thread is too busy. Oh well. I'm making it to wear in the car. When I put the windows down or open the sunroof my hair goes all over the damn place. It drives me bonkers. I don't care if I look like a dork. I just don't want my hair all freaky. hehe I'll have a picture of it when I get it done. I've only got one tie and the edge to finish. Time for a nap. I was up at 3am so I could get to work at 5. groan

No comments: