Thursday, December 14, 2006

More proof

that my life must remain one big steaming pile of shit.

It never fails that when things are starting to look up, someone decides to shit on me.

I got a call the other day that there was an opening for a temp position at a local hospital in the laundry. The hours are 6am until 2. OK, first problem, daycare at school doesn't start until 6:30. So I talk to my mom. She isn't able to watch Nick because she has to be to work early. Dad has to be to work at 6 some mornings.

Mom calls a lady she works with who just so happens to be a friend of my brother. She has two little girls that go to my son's school and she lives like 2 blocks away from it. She was all cool about it and said sure no problem. I was just to let her know when I would be starting so she could meet Nick before hand.

I gave the temp agency the go ahead and the hospital said OK but first a TB test needs to be done. I spent an hour yesterday at the hospital getting the stupid test done. The results will be read sometime after 11am tomorrow. I should pass no problem so I would be able to start work on Monday. I tried calling the babysitter yesterday morning to let her know but her phone isn't working. As of last night she was telling my mom that she would get a hold of me this morning about meeting Nick.

An hour ago, I got a call from her that she can't watch him. She has enough stress dealing with her own kids. (THEN WHY THE FUCK SAY YOU WILL DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?????) She gave me the number of another lady in town that does before school daycare. With a sinking feeling in my gut, I called the number. She has no openings at all. She gave me the number of a child care referral service. So I call that number. No answer but they give an 800 number to call if it is an emergency. So I call yet another number. No answer but you can leave a message. I'm sure they will be able to tell that I was tearing up and fighting back a full blown crying fit when I left the message.

So pretty much I'm once again screwed. The warehouse I was working at is slowing down and I doubt that the supervisor will call me back cause I called in sick yesterday after telling him I would be all right to work. I woke up with a temp of 103 and I couldn't swallow. I wasn't up to doing anything yesterday. Just going to the hospital kicked my ass.

I would like very much to lay down right now. I'm beat, but I keep breaking down crying and frankly I need something to distract me and not let me think about how my life freakin sucks.

No comments: