Sunday, February 12, 2006

scarf blocking



I've got the cable scarf blocking right now. It didn't turn out as wide as I thought it might. It is about 7 1/2". I think I added about an inch in length. I used a ton of needles. Hopefully the edge will not be wavy from stretching. The color in the pics isn't very accurate. It is a cornflower blue.

I really like this celtic knot pattern. It might be interesting to add it to a sweater sometime. Sometime way way in the future. hehe I've got way too many WIMS already.

Work continues on the fair isle bag. I measured it today and it is about 24" in circumference. I'm nearing the end of the first repeat of the chart. I guess I'm going to have to do more than one repeat so the bag isn't too squat. hehe

3 comments:

FaeryCrafty said...

It looks beautiful!!

Jon said...

That scarf is incredible. How exciting...what yarn did you use?

Elizabeth said...

Nice job on the cable scarf. That's one of my favorite cable braids.