Monday, July 10, 2006

broke again

Sometimes it just sucks to be so freakin poor. I swear I need to find me a real job where I have set hours and a set freakin wage.

Working temp jobs just doesn't cut it any more. Well, I suppose if I hadn't of gotten a flat tire Thursday night I would be ok. That was $124 though could have been spent a little better.

I was less than 2 miles from home Thursday when I got the shit scared out of me. Thankfully, I'm not as bad of a driver as my dad likes to make out. I kept the car on the road and managed to pull onto the shoulder without destroying the rim. This time. I've totally trashed a very expensive rim before.

In a surprise show that there are nice people out there, 3 people stopped to help with the flat tire. The first was a nice lady offering her cell phone. I had already called Dad to come and help with the jack, so I said thanks and sent her on her way. Less than a minute later, 2 guys in a truck stopped and changed the tire for me. They didn't seem to care that I had someone on his way to help me.

Before you call me a whimp, I did manage to get the spare out of the trunk and I loosened the lug nuts. I had just never used the piece of crap jack that came with my car before. It didn't work the way I had expected it to.

I ended up replacing the 2 front tires. The guys that changed the flat said the rear tires should be ok for awhile yet. Dad had wanted me to replace all the tires but I just don't have the money for it.

Frankly, I had to borrow $25 from my mom. If I hadn't, I would have had to pay a $22 overdraft fee. I dunno why they charge you for bouncing a check. Obviously you don't have the money to begin with or you wouldn't have bounced in the first place. Right?? hehe

I can't wait for the kid to go back to school. Paying for a babysitter 5 days a week just freaking sucks. I pay about half my paycheck to the babysitter. And she is cheap for around here too.

Oh well. I need some sleep. Maybe I'll get some knitting done tomorrow.

No comments: