Wednesday, November 08, 2006

OH for Christ's sake

I swear the people in one of the Yahoo groups I belong to have all gone insane.

One of the women has a signature line that includes:

January 20, 2009
America, please hold on!
The Bush Nightmare is almost over!
The list mom actually asked her in a group email to remove it. And a bunch of freakin hyenas pounced on it.
No politics, oh no, no politics here. None Keep it away Gahhhhh!!!
She hadn't posted about politics. I have no clue what the heck she originally posted about. No one would have noticed her signature line or said a damn thing until the owner decided to take her to task in front of the whole group.
This is a fairly quiet group that puts out maybe 2 digests a day. I think I've gotten about 9 of them today and roughly half of the posts have been out those 3 lines.
Over the years I've found quite a few things in this group to be a total pain in the ass. I've gotten in arguments with the owner over a few things too. But it is also the first fiber related Yahoo group I joined when I got back into crocheting.
I have no clue why some people feel the need to attack anyone that doesn't believe exactly what they do. God forbid they stand up for their beliefs. I say live and let live. sheesh
And now my friends I say:
January 20, 2009
America, please hold on!
The Bush Nightmare is almost over!

3 comments:

FaeryCrafty said...

I unsubbed from quite a few lists due to silly drama like this. What the heck is the big deal anyway? Not like she said $#!* The President or anything like that! LOL!

Jessica said...

Good one, Becky! (And just between us - not to get political or anything but -801 days, six hours...)

Guinifer said...

You ROCK girl! I hope she stands strong.