Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sigh :O)

Man it was nice here today.

It was in the high 50s to low 60s all day. I had all the windows and doors open. It was so nice to have the breeze blowing through the house. I live out in the boonies on top of a slight rise. It is always windy here. We have very few trees around to block the wind and the buildings are fairly far apart.

For most of the day, I had to fight to stay awake. I always get so damn tired when I get lots of fresh air. Right now I'm bout to pass out. lol I managed to get some cleaning done here on the blog and at the house. I've still got lots more to do around the house but it looks like I'm off tomorrow, so I've got plenty of time.

I spent quite a bit of time today downloading file recovery programs. I accidentally deleted a bunch of stuff off the new flash drive yesterday morning. This is stuff I wouldn't be likely to be able to download again. Lots of old crochet patterns I got off of Pando. I've got to say, that most of the recovery programs I downloaded just sucked 10 kinds of ass. The free to try programs only let you recover files below maybe 100k without buying the program. Ummmmm yeah ok whatever. Most of the free ones I found didn't find the damn files at all. I knew they were still there cause of the free to try programs. I just wasn't in the mood to pay at least $30 for these programs. The one I finally used came from a dang online game web site of all things. I didn't really take a close look at the web site, but most of what I saw was games. Not programs. Weird if ya ask me.

But anyways, I was able to save all my files and from now on, I will not be deleting any files off of the flash drive until they have all been copied to my hard drive. I swear I was just trying to delete one little folder and ended up deleting the main folder with everything in it. I was in the middle of getting ready for work too. So, I had no real time to try and fiddle with it. I had checked at Mom's to see if the files were still on her pc, but she ran a cleanup program that emptied the trash bin. I was not in a very good mood for the last day, I tell ya.

But, all is well on the pc front. Well mostly anyways. I've got a wonderful solitaire program on my other hard drive that I'm just addicted to. It's called Solitaires4Free, or something like that. It's by Tepui. Well I no longer have the install file for it and it would seem that they no longer offer the free version. So, I'm on the look out for a free solitaire program that has lots of different types and has pretty good graphics. I don't care if it has music. I usually don't have my sound on anyway.

Anyways, I'm gonna go put some lotion on my poor fingers. Long story made short: Do not try to turn over a hot crumb cake with bare hands. No blisters but it hurts and my frozen burrito cold pack is gettin warm. hehe

I'm outta here. I need me some zzzzzz Hope y'all like my new digs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I love what you've done with the place darling....simply wonderful!! lol

Seriously...great job kiddo!!