Wednesday, September 12, 2007

absolute brainfart

I just can't seem to figure it out.

The drop spindle has bested me. lol

I bought one off of eBay a month or so ago. yeah I know I didn't post pictures. I'm a butt.

I've watched a couple videos on YouTube. I've downloaded instructions from various sites.

All I ended up doing was making the test yarn on the spindle tear apart. Then I turned it into something resembling floss. My roving is attached, but it isn't looking a thing like yarn. The twist is not going up into the roving at all.

I think I'll stick to the knitting. sigh

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ugh! I can't do it either! LOL

Zoebert said...

Give it time. I started spinning almost 2 years ago. It does take a little time to get the movements down. try looking at a chat group to join for support. I joined the yahoo group - Spindlers, and they are a treasure trove of information and help on how to do this. www.ispindle.com is a great resource as well. When I first tried, it came out ugly, but I didn't let that stop me ( of course I don't show anyone my first "yarn" either). It is a lot of fun, i really enjoy when I can find the time to spin. Spindles are nice because they are so portable, I can take it anywhere. It's also a great way to meet people.

Good luck with this, I'm sure you could do with another additction(as if knitting isn't enough).