Thursday, August 25, 2005

Yep, I'm still alive

Hope everyone is doing well wherever they may be. I've been in lurk mode lately. I'm still broke as hell, but salvation is coming soon. I get a check on the 1st. My mom has been helping out too. She has put gas in the truck a couple times so I can get to Wal-Mart to get groceries and to her house so my son can visit.

I've got my fingers crossed on a possible job. There is going to be a quality assurance job opening up where my dad works hopefully. The woman who has the job now is in major need of firing. In the last 9 months, or so, she has missed like 57 days of work. Most of the time she hasn't even bothered to call in. I have no clue why they haven't fired her before this. I've had some experience with QA work and a friend of my dad's has put in a good word for me. One of the big reasons I want this job is that it pays $10 an hour. I could actually start putting some money in savings for the first time in about 10 years.

I'm also wanting to get a new car. I don't own the truck I've been driving for the last 2 years. It is my dad's. The car I had had way too many things wrong with it and it was going to cost more to fix it than it was worth, so my dad sold it and gave me the truck. This is the first time I haven't owned a vehicle in more than 13 years. This truck uses way too much gas. It is about 15 years old and has no muffler. I dunno why, but I have a bad track record with mufflers lately. My last car lost it's muffler twice.

I'm nearing completion on the crocheted doily. I would probably have it closer to being done but the last time I visited the folk's house I ended up doing yard work. Dad is taking all the cedar chips out of the flower beds. The people who owned the house before put the dang wood chips in on top of rock. Dad is trying to save as much of the rock as possible and it is making a total mess. I raked out the top layer of wood chips from about half of the front bed. I normally sit in the family room and knit or crochet while my folk's are outside. I've got bad allergies and I'm really sensitive to the sun. The front of the house was in shade the other day and I've been taking lots of benadryl so I figured I would chance it. hehe

Due to my castonitis, I started working on a preemie hat last night. Basically it is 8 rows of seed stitch and then 18 rows of knit before the decreasing. Of course I'm not following the pattern completely. It calls for size 3 needles and sport weight yarn and knitting it up flat. I'm using size 4 dpns and fingering weight yarn in the round. hehe I just didn't want to have to sew the cap up. I don't want a seam to bug the poor baby. I'm going to adjust the pattern to do different sizes. I'm not too worried about the size as preemies come in all different sizes. I'm thinking of doing some tube type socks for the preemies too. Either that or a short sock with a short rowed heel. We shall see.

Anyways, mail is done downloading so I'm going to head off and get some things done. Take care y'all.

1 comment:

FaeryCrafty said...

Good luck on getting the job :)