Monday, August 29, 2005

Holy cow!!

I actually finished a project. Ok so I still need to weave in the ends and block it but I'm done with the crochet part. I still have to figure out where I'm going to block the darn thing so bite me. I finished the first of Mom's doilies. It's too big to block on the styrofoam board I usually use. I'm probably going to have to block it on the floor in the corner of the living room. I'm just tickled that I actually finished the darn thing.

I've already started another one. This one is a pineapple doily with a whole shitload of double crochets in it. It took me a while to find one to do. I've got loads of old copies of Magic Crochet and Decorative Crochet. Man I really miss getting those magazines. Lots of the patterns are done in size 40 or 20 thread but well I'm cheap and I've got tons of size 10 thread. It's a pain to try and estimate what size they will in in size 10 though.

Don't faint, but I actually worked on my sweater the other night too. lol I picked up for the neck and knit a shitload on it while watching The Mexican on Saturday night. Unfortunately, I was lazy about doing increases and they looked like shit. I figured that it wouldn't matter if they were a bit open because the whole sweater is kinda open. I was so wrong. I ended up ripping back to before the increases. Yes I'm one of those nuts that takes the needles out of her work and just rips. I don't worry too much if the stitches get put back on the needles twisted. I have no problem working into the back of a stitch or simply slipping it and turning it.

I joined the mystery shawl along that was started last month I think it was. I had gotten the link for the second group and I decided I would rather do one that a bunch of people had already finished. Yup I'm a chicken. bwaak bwaak I've got some fingering weight alpaca. No I'm not really sure if I have enough. Do I care? No not really. lol I've got five 50 g skeins of petroleum blue yarn I won off of eBay. I know who the seller is and I know I can get more if I really need it. There is no yardage on the skeins, so that is why I have no clue how much I really have. And no, I don't know why I want a bright blue shawl. I need to figure out something to do with the yarn. hehe I don't want to use the Henry's Attic yet. I still have to dye it all before I use it.

Anyways, I'm gonna head off to work on my doily some more. I hope to get this one done faster than the last. Oh shush. I haven't casted on for the shawl yet. :OP

No comments: