Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What has kept me busy

The weather has been driving me buggy. Last week at this time I looked out front and saw this sight.


Today when I looked out back, I saw this!!

I am not a happy camper. They canceled school, so I missed my appointment with Nick's teachers. Amazingly the kids room hasn't suffered. Ya see, last Friday we spent all day going through Nick's room and weeding out stuff for the garage sale. His room looks amazing.

He has done a real good job of keeping it picked up. I'm working real hard to get rid of some of the junk in the rest of the house. My room is the last frontier. hehe

Sunday we had a real nice time at my folk's house. I handed over the hat that I made for my cousin.

It's kind of hard to see but I added some arrows of pearl stitches for some added texture and interest. Otherwise, it would have looked exactly like the last one I made her. hehe

Monday, her mom came over and picked the hat up and chose another one out of my stash of crocheted baby hats. I had said she could have 2 but would have to pay for any more that she wanted. So, of course, she only took 2. What she failed to realize is that on Sunday, the other one she chose spent a bit of time on the head of another family member.

Miss Dakota wouldn't sit still for a picture with the hat. It would seem that my lil bro has been torturing the poor thing by putting things on her head since she was a pup. I can't say as I'm surprised. We always bugged the shit out of our dogs. hehe
I modeled the hat on my baby doll I got as a little kid. It's also wearing a doll dress I made quite a while ago.

As you can see, it is a bit too big for the doll. Well that is cause it was meant for a real baby and the doll is a lil smaller. So now it is in 5 or 6 little balls. I've got about 3 or 4 rows done on the new neckline. I'm going to work on it in spurts while waiting for web pages to load up.
I've also been working on the mystery shawl some more, but I totally forgot to take pictures when I finished clue 2. I was at Mom's and after I whipped out the camera to take a picture of the dog, my mom got all upset. Turns out she bought me a camera with a photo printer and was going to give it to me for Christmas. As if I am patient enough to wait that long for a good camera. hehe I think she is going to sell it on eBay or at the garage sale. I should have the 3rd clue done tomorrow and I'll post a picture then.
I also started another mystery shawl. This one is the Galveston KAL. It's going to be a huge ass square.

I'm using the kettle dyed lace weight merino I got from www.handpaintedyarn.com. I swear it is like knitting with singles. It's think and thin in different spots. I'm not minding too much, but there are some spots that are a little over twisted. There are also spots with no twist to them. But anyway, that is clue 1. The second clue shouldn't take too long to do.

Plus, I've also uploaded another new tag to my tag site. I swear the people I make tags for don't know how to say thanks. I've gotten 3 responses out of over 50 members. sigh
Ok, time to get to knitting. Catch ya laters.

No comments: