Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Yes I'm still alive

I'm not feeling terribly lively, but alive none the less. The sleep is still not coming easily. Even when I'm super tired. I've also been in quite a bit of pain lately. Last week sometime, I tweaked my left hip. Now I'm waking up already in pain and without serious pain pills, I can barely walk. Unfortunately the pills leave me a lil on the tipsy side. I'm safe enough at work, but the driving part has got me a little iffy. So, no pill until I'm at work and no pill after lunch. No matter how much it hurts. But thankfully, the pills last about 6 hours.

Still no pictures of knitting. I've been tired and it's been icky around here. Hard to take pictures when the lighting sucks rocks. I may have to build some sort of light box one of these days. It doesn't help that the light bulbs in the house have a yellow cast to them. And the sheet I take pictures on is beige. So accurate color is hard to come by.

I've started on the halloween mystery shawl. I'm using the purple yarn I dyed for a past mystery. I really wanted to wait on the red PureWool but it could be weeks before it gets here. Actually, I just wanted to know why everyone was having such a hell of a time with it. I'm only done through row 13, but so far no troubles. I need to find some beads before I get much farther.

Yes, I've signed up for Ravelry. No, I haven't gotten my invite yet. I was way slow in signing up. A certain someone tempted me by letting me sign in using her ID and look around. There are 10,832 people in line ahead of me. It's gonna be awhile. hehe

Head over to MochiMochiLand.com and check out the free patterns. I had to cast on for Bob. I'm using some mystery yarn in a blue color. I've got his snout done so far. No comments please on the fact that I've cast on 2 new projects without finishing anything. hehe

I have been trucking along on the Galveston shawl. I've almost got another pattern row done. This one is over 900 stitches. Very slow going. I'm off work tomorrow and I'm going to try and knock off at least 2 rows. I've got laundry to do and dishes but I think I should be able to fit in lots of knitting in between that and napping. hehe

I've noticed something strange lately. At least once or twice a day, I get an instant message on Yahoo from a male in the middle east. Some are quite friendly and some are down right strange. Yesterday I had a guy who claimed to be a dentist asking me lots of questions about my dental health. Very very strange. I'm just a magnet for weirdness.

Ok, I'm gonna go lay down for a few minutes. I wish I could just go to bed for the night but that would not be a good thing. hehe

1 comment:

B said...

My email system on mac has a bounce function so when I get a suspect email (I can tell from the title and the return is usually a guy's name - sometimes a girl's name) I just bounce back to them - it makes it look like they sent it to an address that is not good. If you open the email it confirms to the other end that the address is good and you keep getting weird emails from people (who want to tell you how to increase the size of --- not your knitting)

A fellow shawl knitter who is watching your progress - I just joined yesterday and am awaiting my yarn

B