OMG!!! She is posting twice in one day!!! hehehehe I am a sheep that follows the flock. lol I had to think about it for a few on if I should join Secret Pal 5. I miss doing exchanges though. I can't wait to find out who my partner is. :O)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Well I don't have a real LYS here in eastern Iowa. For the first time yesterday I actually held real wool yarn for the first time. hehe I use Red Heart all the time to make different things. I like some of Lion Brand's yarns, but I'm not a big fan of Homespun. I think I've used all of that yarn that I ever want to. :OP I also don't like the really out there novely yarn. I don't like eyelash and fun fur. That stuff is maddening.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin, but I've been crocheting for 20 years now. I learned how in junior high.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No not really. My son does have asthma though.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I've only been knitting for about 15 months.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list. I don't know how to get one of those buttons I keep seeing on all the blogs. I've looked several times on the Amazon site. I'll get a link posted asap though. Be warned that there is a whole bunch of stuff there. I'm very new to knitting and I only have like 2 reference books. Plus, I really created it to keep track of books that I want to buy at some point and so that my family will have a clue as what to buy me for christmas. I'm tired of power tools and household items. lol
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I am a total nut for vanilla. I also like apple cinnamon.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Sometimes yes but I don't eat a lot of sweets. I don't like the real dark chocolate but I do love fudge. Man I gotta get my mom to make some, but I know she won't cause we are on diets. LOL
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Mostly I just knit and crochet. I have done counted cross stitch off and on, but I haven't touched any in quite awhile. I'm also learning to sew again and I've got some parts together to try making stitch markers.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most kinds of music. It is easier to say what I don't like. hehe I'm not real big in to rap although I do like some of it. I don't like jazz, old country or disco. Basically for country, if it was recorded before about 1990, forget it. lol My computer is set up for music. I've got way too many speakers hooked up. hehe
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is hunter green. I have no preference as far as color families and what not. I do have a few colors that I don't care for much: bright yellow, bright orange and lime green.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone with my almost 6 year old son. We don't have any pets at this time.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Like every other knitter, my dream would be to own a yarn shop. Heck I would love to have a farm and raise some sheep and llamas so that I could spin the wool. hehe
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don't have much experience with different yarns. I do like working with softer yarns though.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
The only ones I can think of are Lion Brand Homespun, eyelash and fun fur.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks are a big thing for me right now. I'm also obsessed with finding larger sized sweater patterns. I've got one sweater going and plans for at least 3 more. hehe
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
So far, socks.
17. What are you knitting right now?
1 pair socks, a knitting bag, 1 sweater, 1 vest and two scarf/shawls.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
One word: YUCK!!!!!!!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I used to only use straight needles but I find myself using circulars and dpns more now.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I've only used bamboo crochet hooks, never needles. I almost exclusively use aluminum, but I make many of my own dpns from dowels. My favorite brand is Bernat Aero. I love to search for them on eBay. I really don't like plastic needles. I'm always afraid they will break.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
I love them. I'm having fun using 'real' sock yarn finally. I've made a few pairs of bed socks with worsted weight yarn.
I am very much looking forward to getting to know my secret pal and figuring out who is sending to me. :O)