Wednesday, May 02, 2007

More Progress

Finally got the 4th chart done on the Galveston mystery shawl. It really is a fast knit, I'm just a lil slow. hehe

The color is pretty close on this picture. It is about 22 inches across at this point.

Here is the straight section. I sooo love this stitch pattern. I've got some more laceweight yarn from the same store, and I think I might make a sweater with this pattern on it somewhere. The other yarn is a yellow/orange combo.

And here is the corner sections that represents the waves. This is the part that keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger. lol 7 repeats in the next chart I think.

My skein is starting to look a little deflated. I have a couple more skeins in the stash. I'll ball them up as needed.

I just barely survived the job yesterday. OMG do my legs hurt now. The apartment was on the second floor of an old brick storefront. I swear the stairs were nearly straight up. I am NOT a small person and by the end of the day, I just soo did not want to climb those stairs. Heck I took my last break upstairs sitting on a ladder.

We were supposed to have 4 people cleaning, but 2 didn't show. I spent the first part of the day cleaning up after the other gal. She couldn't clean a window to save her life. And forget getting paint off of the trim. We were just cleaning up after a remodel, so no smoke damage. Just lots and lots of dust. The old guy that used to live there must have been a smoker because the windows were brown with tar.

And now, I'm going to finish reading my mail and head to bed. I'm still pooped. hehe

2 comments:

FaeryCrafty said...

Woohooo! You are getting there!

Anonymous said...

awesome job Bec... keep up the great work...
Hugs,
Allyson