Saturday, July 16, 2005

Banging my head on the wall

Why oh why did I think it would be a good idea to try and teach my son how to read???? Granted his pre-k teacher was quite impressed at how much he could already read but geeesh. Things started out so great. He loves to read and he was picking up words really easy. The last few days he has been driving me crazy though. He just can't seem to remember It and Is. They are like the easiest freaking words to read. When he sees It, he says The. When he sees Is he just makes an S sound. It doesn't matter if there are 5 sentences in a row that have It and Is in them he still asks me what it is. I just about blew my stack last night. I just don't understand how he can remember the word Something but can't remember It or Is. sigh

In craftier news, check out Wild Ginger Software. They have a free program called Wild Things that you can use to design bags and hats for sewing. I haven't played with it yet, but hopefully it will help me make my own bags. Their programs for designing clothes are a bit pricey but look like they would be way cool to use. I'm tempted to get one of their Click&Sew patterns. I hate shopping for clothes, so maybe I can just make my own and call it a day. LOL The Click&Sew patterns are only $25. I just have to find a retailer. There of course aren't any brick and mortar stores here in Iowa. God forbid something useful is sold in Iowa. LOL

Ok off to try and finish mail. Wish me luck in not killing my son. He hasn't been able to shut his mouth in the last hour. He is just making nonsense noises and talking to the damn TV. I wonder how painful it would be to install a zipper on his mouth. hehehe j/k

No comments: