Thursday, July 07, 2005

So far so good

I haven't bought any more yarn in the last week. In fact, I'm not even watching any eBay auctions. I've been trying very hard to just stay completely away from eBay. hehehe Not easy. I love to look at the yarn and see how much it sells for. I think it helps that I've gotten lots of yarn in the mail lately. :O)

On Tuesday I got 3 packages of yarn in the mail. From A Swell Yarn Shop I got 3 skeins of Cascade 220. I love the way the 3 shades of green go so well together. The owner put in a note that she really liked my color choices and included a really cool magnet of her business card. I'll be using the yarn along with a gray skein I already have to make a felted bag.

From Wool 2 Dye 4 I got a cone of Henry's Attic Pony 2-ply. It is sooo soft. The owner sent along a sample sheet of all the Henry's Attic yarn that they keep in stock and a sample of Eucalan. It is so helpful to see and feel the different yarns. I will definitely be ordering from them in the future. I'll be dyeing this yarn and making a shawl with it. I've got a copy of Folk Shawls and a bunch of patterns off the net. I just have to settle on which one I want to make. hehe

I also got a big skein of Twinkletoes sock yarn off of eBay. The colors are just beautiful. It isn't as soft as I had hoped, but I'm sure that once the socks are washed they will soften up a bit. I'll have to go through my tons of sock patterns and find something nice.

On the knitting front, I've finished one skein of yarn on Branching Out and am going to have to add in another one. It just isn't long enough. I don't think I even managed to get 20 repeats out of the one skein. I've got one of mom's booties almost done. I think I've got 3 or 4 more rows and then sewing up the toe. I totally messed with the pattern though. :P It was supposed to be knit back and forth but when I got to the body of the sock I knit it in the round. I just didn't like the idea of a seam across the top of the foot. I'm trucking along with the sweater. I've decided that the bottom edge should be loose. I've got the front edge done and have started the back. I can't seem to find the right size dpns to do the sleeves, so I've bought two 1/4" dowels. I will be making 2 sets of 7" dpns. They will end up being somewhere between a US10 and a US10.5. This way I'll be able to work both sleeves at the same time. Lord knows is the only way that they will be close to the same.

I made the greatest find at the Dollar Tree. They have some canvas messenger bags there. I've got 2 green and 2 natural canvas ones now for myself. They don't have pockets in them, but they are great for keeping my wips together. I also bought an extra natural one to send to my Secret Pal. They are really nice bags for only $1. I originally had only gotten one green one but yesterday I went back and got 4 more. There were more there but I felt weird buying 4 at once as it was. hehe

Well, I'm off to give the kid a haircut and a dunk in the tub. He has t-ball tonight and I don't want him sweating to death under all that hair.

2 comments:

FaeryCrafty said...

I have been avoiding ebay like the plague myself. Man do I get in trouble there!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Don't you LOVE getting yarn in the mail? I just got some Lorna's Laces sock yarn in the mail today. Fun Fun! How are you?