Monday, May 22, 2006

He's trying to kill me!!!

The child is trying to give me a heart attack.

A few minutes ago someone was pounding on my door. I yelled, "Just a minute." They kept banging, so I yelled again. I get to the door and there is a woman standing there yelling that I need to get the keys to my trunk because she thinks there is a kid in there.

I grabbed my keys, hit the trunk button and ran outside. The kid climbed out of the trunk crying and covered in sweat.

I just about fainted.

He said that a tractor trailer parked in the diner's parking lot scared him. Okkkk and this is a reason to get in a trunk and shut the lid?????

I dunno how or why he opened the trunk, let alone got in it. I swear I locked the car when I got out. I usually do when I don't plan on going anywhere for the night.

Every time he comes near me, I tell him again to never, never, ever get in the trunk of a car. That it could kill him if it is hot enough. It's only about 70 here today but he was sweating bullets.

Why, oh why did I have to have a boy???? I swear I wasn't this annoying/reckless when I was his age. Lord help me the first time he starts a fire. My brother almost burned my grandfather's house when he was about Nick's age. I did on at least one occasion burn paper on the stove, but it didn't start anything on fire. Thank God for multiple smoke alarms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good LORD, Becky, how frightening! I'm glad he's okay. It must be a "boy" thing; my girls have never done anything like that.