Monday, May 08, 2006

What a freakin day

I so can not wait for the maintenance guys to put up a fan for where I work. We were all sweating our asses off yet again. It's pretty bad when the gal standing next to me says, "Man you sweat alot." I have to remember to wear the super thin cheapo t-shirts to work. I might as well be wearing a sweater when I wear the heavy ones.

As if sweating all day wasn't bad enough, I got a voice mail at 2pm from my son's school nurse. I was afraid I would get in trouble if I called her back while I was supposed to be working, so for an hour I was freaking out. As soon as I punched out, I called her. Turns out the kid had a bad asthma attack and he threw up when she gave him his inhaler. Within minutes of her getting ahold of my mom he was feeling fine. Mom took him to her house though. I'm definitely going to try and find him a doctor that specialized in asthma and/or allergies. The poor kid is just miserable this time of year.

I finally found a shrug to make for my brother's wedding. I'm going to modify I Do from Knitty. Yeah I know it is unbelievable that I could possibly fit my fat ass in that one. I'm sure that I'll be able to increase the width a bit and add a nice big collar using the same lace pattern. I'll either use the light blue alpaca I was going to make a shawl with or some light green cotton thread I've got. It all depends on which one I can get gauge with.

I'm still trucking along on the wave socks. I'm just having a hell of a time figuring out when to start the short row heel. It is a never ending circle of work half the heel, try on, rip out, work 4 more rows, work half the heel, try it on, rip it out. hehehe I'm gettin close though.

Ok, time to go make sure the kid didn't pass out in the backyard. Who wants to come do my dishes for me?? I hate housework. sigh

1 comment:

FaeryCrafty said...

I hope your son is feeling better.