Sunday, September 24, 2006

frustration

My life is a study in frustration.

Dad hounds me to apply for the job he says I should have. I apply and get the job. Other than how damn dirty I get, I kinda like the job. I've been there for over 2 months. Now he is hounding me to apply for a different job. This is at a place that I worked off and on as a temp. The pay is a bit better, but they regularly make their workers come in to work at 4:30 in the freaking AM!

Also, it is a boring ass job where there is no radio to listen to. Ok so the music they play where I work now sucks donkey dick, but at least there is music playing. The music ranges from The Supremes and other shitty 50s and 60s music to a few more modern easy listening make me puke elevator music types. At least I get to hear Michael Buble sing Home at least once a day. sigh

To add to the angst at my job, I just found out that the only halfway interesting guy at work is married. whhaaaaa He is a bit of a dork, but he is a total sweetheart. It isn't often that you find a true gentleman in this day and age. sigh I guess it just reaffirms my rule of not messing with people I work with.

In other news, I finally cast on for the second sock. I've got the toe finished and am up to the patterning on the instep. I actually got to this point twice today. The little nubs at the corners of the toe were makin me nuts, so I ripped out the sock once. I just couldn't figure out how to get the slipknot to hide itself. The new sock looks much better. I had the sock cast on yesterday but I was feeling so icky that I didn't want to mess with figuring out the increases. It's a good thing I didn't get past the first couple rows, cause I cast on the wrong number of stitches. lmao

I'll try and get pictures of the socks tomorrow. The cuff on the first one is about 3 inches long I think. I was starting to run out of yarn, so I figured I better get the mate cast on and caught up so that they would be the same length. hehe

I got some Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran from elann.com off of a friend. There are 11 skeins of color 783 and one of color 782. I had hoped to get more from elann so that I could make a sweater for myself. But alas, they don't have any in either of those colors. So, it would look like Mr. Nick will be getting a sweater out of it. Unless of course I decide to felt something with it. lol

For the time being though, the yarn will get hidden in the stash. I have too many projects going right now to start yet another one. Although I did cast on something yesterday. Like I mentioned, I was feeling icky. I had one of my really nasty headaches that was making me want to puke. I can't just sit and watch tv though. I have to be knitting or reading or something. So anyway, I had a skein of the light blue alpaca in my bag and some dpns. I cast on for a circular shawl. I guess I'll just make it up as I go along. Who knows, I may end up just cutting the damn thing off of the skein and throwing it away. hehe

Ok, I'm off to do some laundry and hit the sack. I long for a time when I'm not tired. sigh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the yarn arrived ok. I hope you are feeling better!