Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sick of me yet?

I've calmed down now. The kid is feeling better and he is feeding his face.

Here is the baby blanket I started for my sister.


The pattern can be found here. It's real simple and I'm using 10.5US, so it is going fast. I'm using up a bunch of old ack that I had stashed. Yellow Red Heart, Baby Brights Ombre Simply Soft, Off White Dazzleaire and some Pink that has no wrapper. I'll keep making the blanket until I run out of pink I think. Cross your fingers that it will be long enough.

I'm also working on my Cherry Tree Hill socks.



I like this yarn, but there are flaws in it. I'm not sure if it is because it is mill ends or if it is in all Cherry Tree Hill yarn. There are just spots where there is no twist in the yarn and the skein of yarn was actually in 3 parts. One ball ended up being a lil bigger than the other two. I'm going to work the socks from the two small balls and then finish them off using both ends of the larger ball.

I searched for a cable sock pattern that was toe up, but just couldn't find anything I really liked. After some digging in my saved patterns, I found an old word document with a stitch pattern and a sock picture in it.

I have zero clue on where this pattern is from. It comes from the days before I saved the web address for where patterns came from. If it's your original and want me to remove it, lemmie know.

Multiple of 5 stitches

row 1: *p1, k1tbl, p1, k2, repeat from *
row 2: *p1, k1tbl, p1, k1, yo, k1, repeat from *
row 3: *p1, k1tbl, p1, k3, repeat from *
row 4: *p1, k1tbl, p1, k3 then pass the first stitch over the other two, repeat from *

I'm working the sock over 70 stitches on size 2US addis cause I have huge feet and I don't like tight socks. hehe Right now the pattern is only on the instep and the sole is plain sts. I'm thinking of using a 1x1 rib on the sole of my next pair of socks to see if that doesn't provide some cushioning. I have no clue how long these socks will be. It all depends on how far the yarn goes. I would like them to be knee socks. We shall see what fate brings me.

Oh well, time to get my butt in gear and get some knitting done. Laters...

No comments: