Friday, June 08, 2007

Pictures

I finally got some quality knitting time in today.

I finally finished the clue from hell for the Galviston KAL. If you are doing the large size square, clue 4 takes a lifetime. hehe

My mom says it looks like a huge hairnet. hehe

A closer look at the wave pattern. I'm glad that I no longer have to do this part. In the last part of the clue, you repeat the pattern 13 times.

And I also got some knitting done of the latest mystery shawl.

Another look at clue 1.

And here is clue 2 done. I really like how the colors are moving along. I really do like how this yarn turned out.

And a look at the full shawl to date. It's a little scrunched up on the right side. I do believe I need to order myself some long Addi needles. The cable on this set is drivin me bonkers.

And since I have nothing better to do, I joined the latest Mystery Stole from Melanie at Pink Lemon Twist. I was a member for MS2, but I don't think I actually knit the stole. I remember that it was quite gorgeous, but I don't think I had the time to knit it at the time. This one calls for either white or black lace weight yarn and optional beads. I do think I may dye up the rest of my Pony 2-ply and try for a very very dark version of what I already have with larger areas of color. I think I'll wind the yarn off onto the backs of my dining chairs and use a large aluminum pan to dye the yarn in.

Anyways, I'm finally starting to feel a little more human. Still not my normal healthy self just yet. lmao (as if I'm ever healthy) Nick is having a bit of trouble with his breathing thanks to the pollen and lingering cold viruses. Managed to fix his scooter, so he had fun playing outside today while I got to do laundry. Oh joy!!

The parents are back from Michigan and Mom is makin me nuts already. Nothing major. It's probably just the damn headaches and hormones talkin. They bought themselves some fancy new bikes and are planning on getting healthy. Supposedly they are going to quit smoking. Again. Ummm not gonna hold my breath on that one.

Ok, I'm going to go work on the next chart of the GAL KAL before I get too damn tired. Not gonna take too long really.

1 comment:

FaeryCrafty said...

That is looking really good!