Friday, November 11, 2005

Huh?!?!?!

Boy was I scratchin my head earlier. After work, I saw a guy walking that I've seen a few times before. Before he was always sitting, so what I saw was a tad unusual. At first I thought he had shorts on and had his jacket tied around his waist. It is still pretty nice around here and lots of people are still wearing shorts. It took me a good 30 seconds to realize he was wearing a kilt. Other than at weddings or on tv, I've never seen a guy wearing a kilt. This guy was coming out of his workplace. He works in a warehouse. I sure as heck hope he wasn't being too traditional. hehehehe It just struck me as odd to see a man wearing a kilt to work in buttcrack Iowa. Yes, I'm sure it was a kilt and not a skirt. He had all the regalia that goes with a kilt on it. Yes I do know of at least one guy that goes to work in a skirt, but it's because he is not traditional at all. When he went to his work's Christmas party dressed fully as a woman, he really freaked everyone out. hehe He doesn't wear makeup to work or falsies.

I got a bit creative last night. I've got a few pairs of jeans that have too many holes in them to wear or the whole is in a bad spot. I have no clue at all why the area around the left back pocket wears out in my jeans. Anyways, I cut the legs off of one pair and trimmed them a bit and opened them up flat. Then I cut a leg off of another pair and cut two long strips from it and sewed them in between the other legs the long way. I sewed up the bottom and holy crap, I'm halfway to making a knitting bag. hehehe I took another long strip and made a tube out of it and did some decorative stitches on it and it is going to become the strap. This weekend, I'm going to measure what I have and cut out the lining from the sheep fabric that I bought ions ago. I really had fun playing with the sewing machine. It can do all sorts of fancy stitches and I'm sure the more I mess with it, the more I'll discover.

I've also cast on for a cabled scarf. It is using a Celtic cable that I found in a book I just got. I don't think I'll have enough yarn to make a scarf long enough. I think I'll just make it as long as I can and then order enough yarn from KnitPicks to make it the right length. I may just end up letting the messed up part at the beginning bug the shit out of me and rip the whole thing out. hehehe I used the wrong cable cross over so there are purl stitches on the cable instead of the regular knit stitches. I've got another scarf idea in my head. I've got a scarf that I started using Red Heart Plush in Navy. Yeah, I know it is acrylic but it is nice and soft. What I started was in the afghan stitch but lord only knows what size hook I was using or where it may be now. I'm going to rip it out and start over. I did the unthinkable and bought a skein of Bernat Boa in Parrot. hehehehe This is the only skein of novelty yarn I've actually bought. I'm going to use it as an accent with the Plush. They didn't have a darker blue mix, so I got the dark purple mix. This is the yarn snobs nightmare. lol I think it will be kinda cool though.

Well my back is starting to hurt, so I'm gonna go watch a movie in my recliner. I may end up falling asleep though. hehehe I got up at 4:30 this morning. Dumb idea. hehe

No comments: