Thursday, January 19, 2006

A long day

I spent 3 1/2 hours in the ER today. My son has had a cold since Monday night and he just wasn't getting any better. I've kept him home because of his asthma and this afternoon he was having a lot of trouble breathing. He almost had to stay the night for observation because his blood oxygen levels wouldn't come up. Thankfully a steroid shot did the trick. I've got to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours tonight. And then every 2 hours tomorrow when he is awake. I'll be calling one of the doctors where he regularly goes in the morning to see about changing his meds.

Never again will I go into a doctor's appointment or into the ER without my knitting. 3+ hours with no tv, radio, computer or knitting and only a 6 yr old is not fun. He did sing for me a little bit which was nice. That was when I knew he was feeling better. Kids can be fun.

No comments: