Sunday, January 29, 2006

The seaming has begun

Well, last night I began the seaming of Nick's sweater. I started with the left shoulder.


I think I did pretty good considering I've never actually seamed a knit piece before. Next I moved on to the sleeve. It made me realize I have no clue what the hell I'm doing with seaming up two sides. End to side, peachy. End to end, peachy. Side to side, not so much.

I need to get out some of my technique books. I swear I can picture what to do, but when it comes right down to doing it, my brain freezes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Side to side?
vv
vv
vv
vv
vv
vv

like the stitches are going in that direction? Mattress stitch is one way to do it, you can go here for a video
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php
(scroll down to mattress stitch)

The sweater looks good! I like the colors.