Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bout time

The laundry job is finally done!! I'm going to miss the ladies that I was working with, but I will NOT miss the job itself. The job was hell on my back.

Turns out I may not have to miss a few of the ladies too much. I've got a line on a part time job at the medical facility that is attached to the hospital. It is 2 or 3 nine hour days a week helping patients sign in and get to their appointments. I've got to call the lady at the temp agency and see about doing orientation. Hopefully, if I do get the job, I'll be able to have lunch with a couple of the ladies that I really got along with. :O)

In knitting news, I've started a baby hat in Caron Sayelle in Spring Blossoms Ombre (0391). A distant cousin is having a baby and they are pretty sure they are having a girl. The mom's favorite color is purple, so hopefully she will like the hat. I want to make a pair of booties too, but I'm not sure if I have a pattern that uses worsted weight yarn. I may just wing it with a toe up generic sock. Cross your fingers that the little dear will be able to wear them before she is 2 years old. hehe

I got out the nifty knitter and I'm working on a hat for myself. I've got a huge head, so I'm using the burgundy loom and 2 strands of white acrylic. It's left over yarn from Nick's sweater that I got off of eBay. Hopefully it will fit. If not, then Nick will just have another hat to wear. If it doesn't fit him, I'll just have to save it for donation at some point or another.

I still haven't gotten my other hard drive all set up. I can't seem to get it to see my modem. It works just fine on this hard drive tyvm. heh I think I'll reformat it again since I haven't actually installed much of anything on there yet. I finally got rid of the viruses on this darn drive, so I think I'll just use this one for my craft stuff. I'll move all the graphics programs and such onto the larger hard drive. If I can't get the internet working, I'll see if I can't find a 40gb or less external hard drive that I can transfer files on.

Once again my mail at Yahoo is locked up. I can't open anything received since yesterday afternoon. Why is it that this only happens on the account I pay for?? I've got a couple free accounts that I've never had a problem with. If my isp account would actually download with any sort of speed, I would go back to having this account be a free one. But unfortunately, my isp mail is twice as slow to download as my Yahoo account. sigh I swear I need to get out of this one horse town and get a cable connection. heh

Ok, I'm off to work on my hats.

No comments: