Sunday, February 25, 2007

I hate snow

I got a call about 2 hours ago from my mom informing me that the roads were clear. hint hint

So I got the snow blower going and opened up the garage door. There was about 2 feet of snow directly in front of the door and in front of the car. :( It took me about 5 minutes to work the snow blower through the drift and along side of the car. The main bulk of the driveway only had a little bit of snow in it. Unfortunately, there was a foot of sloppy slushy snow at the bottom of the drive. No way in the world was the snow blower going to move that crap. Took me over a half hour to do the end of the driveway with the shovel.

Next, I decided to try and use the snow blower on the sidewalk. One little problem with that. When I put the blower into gear and gave it a push, I realized it has a freaking flat tire. unnnnnnnngggghhhhhhhh When I try to push it forward it looks like the tire is going to come off, so I had to put it in reverse and back it into the garage. And that of course meant that I had to shovel the whole dang driveway by hand. My back is killing me. What is worse though, is my hands. Because the snow was so wet and it was so warm out, my hands got all wet and I've got raw spots on my palms and a couple fingertips. And yes, I did change gloves once.

I started out in my 2 work jackets with a scarf and a hood up. First the hood went, then I took of the scarf. Next I lost the second jacket and I even tried to go without gloves all together, but damn that hurt my hands. Not from the cold but from the shovel handle. I ended up putting on a crappy old pair of gloves that allow very little hand movement.

It took me almost 2 hours of digging, but the driveway is all clear now. I'm sure it is going to turn into a sheet of ice when the temps dip tonight. Not much I can do about that though.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the neighbor try to get in or out of her side of the driveway. hehe She has an even bigger drift of snow in front of her garage door than I had. And as soon as it gets a little colder, it is going to turn into a big ole block of ice. So is the foot tall pile at the end of the driveway. No way in freaking hell am I going to help her out. This is one time that she is going to have to shovel because there is no way to get into the driveway let alone into her garage. hehe I'm so mean.

Well, I'm off to take a shower and then head to mom's. Cross your fingers that my fingers won't be too sore to knit. sigh

No comments: