Monday, February 26, 2007

Wimper

So I do anything other than complain? lol

I had used one of Lucia's calculators to design a sweater for Nick a few months back. Well, I can't find my copy. Plus I really want to do a top down raglan instead of doing pieces. And right now I can't seem to get to her site. This could just be a case of my isp being a shit. Then again, she has had problems with her server before.

I have The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns,



but their raglan sweaters are done from the bottom up.

In Knitting Without Tears,


EZ doesn't give an actual pattern stating, cast on xyz stitches and do this. And her patterns are bottom up too.

All of the reference books I have by my desk show raglans knit either from the bottom up in the round or in pieces. ppppppppbbbbbbblllllllllllllttttttttttttttt Not what I want.

Of course, I could go search through the 100 or so magazines that I have on my other bookshelf. But um that would be very time consuming. Anything I found would most likely be sized for an adult and not a child. It probably wouldn't work for the yarn that I want to use either.

I'll probably end up measuring the sweater I already started to see what my gauge is with the yarn and needles I used. I really like the fabric it created. I'll have to crunch those numbers with the pattern in the KHBoSW and do it bottom up. sigh

On the good side of things, we have survived the blizzard. Um yeah, so it really kind of missed us for the most part. The 2 foot drift of heavy slushy crappy snow I shoveled out from in front of the garage door sucked, but really I don't think that even 3 inches of snow was really added to the rest of the yard.

We thankfully didn't loose power either. I do believe there are still about 200,000 people in Iowa without power. The majority of them are in the northeastern part of Iowa. Thankfully, the folks have power too, because if my power goes out, I'm heading out there. hehe The longest I've dealt with a power outage was maybe 4 hours. The power went out in the middle of the night. It did wake me up though cause the silence woke me up! hehe I sleep with a big box fan on year round. Drives me nuts trying to sleep when it is totally quiet. When I was pregnant, my dad would come into my room in the middle of the night and turn my fan off because he was convinced it was bad for the baby for me to be cold. Um yeah, I would wake up 5 minutes later and turn it back on. hehehe I've infected the kid with the whole fan thing. He has woken up because of the fan going off in his room too.

Nothing interesting on the knitting front to report. I did wear my green socks today though. I so can not wear them with my black boots though. I think my left foot was swollen or something because boy howdy was it tight fitting. No problems when I switched over to my sneakers though. Looking at them now that I've taken them off, it amazes me just how freaking huge my feet are. The socks look HUGE now that they have been worn. I think I should have made the ribbing at the top a little longer. They are just a tad bit loose, but they stayed up pretty good.

I wore the socks today as a moral boost, because I went to the clinic for some training for the aide job. Well it turns out that it wasn't training I was going in for. It was a stinking interview. Yuck!! I hate interviews. That is why I work for a temp agency, so I don't have to interview for jobs. lol I dressed nice and actually did my hair. There was hairspray involved people! I don't do hairspray on a normal basis. I was only there for 15 freaking minutes. By the time I got back to the house, there was a message that they want to go ahead with my training though. That starts tomorrow. I'm going to have to go and buy a new pair of tan pants and a dark polo shirt. The tan pants I wore to the laundry have some black marks on the legs that just won't come out. Guess it is a good thing that the ex put some money on my debit card. :) And before anyone says anything about spending child support to buy myself clothes, think about it. I'm buying clothes that I need to wear for a job to earn money to support said child. Not like I'm going out and buying sexy lingerie. Not that I'm in any mood to be buying that sort of thing. Might make myself some though. hehehehehe

Ok, time to go cook some dinner and spend some time with the little hellion.

edit: Was just adding links to a few things in the post and I'm now able to get over to Lucia's site. Musta just been a temporary glitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm working on the FiberArts Bloggers ring today, and noticed that you have the wrong Site ID in your code. I've moved you into the queue (that's temporary and nothing personal!) until you get the code fixed up. I sent you a fresh copy of the code with the right site ID in it, and if you don't get it please let me know. Also, if you want to let me know when you're ready I can check out the code and get you back into the ring faster. Thanks! :)

Joni
joniknitsATgmailDOTcom