Saturday, June 04, 2005

I'm a cheat

I really do envy those people that only work on one of two projects at a time. Things really must get done faster for them. I started yet another project last night. I found a very simple cable scarf and am using up some yarn I got off of eBay over a year ago. I've never done cables before and this sweater is just an excuse to give them a try. It's a very simple 6 stitch cable. I gave it a go without using a cable needle, but I guess I pull too hard on the yarn because I keep loosing my stitches. LOL Oh well, I don't mind slipping the stitches onto an extra needle.

Forgot to tell y'all about the books I picked up the other day. I got a copy of Folk Shawls and a copy of Knitted Shawls, Stoles, & Scarves.





I picked them up and St. Vinnie's for $1.25 each. I think I got a pretty good buy. hehehe I'm really liking a lot of the patterns in Folk Shawls. I'm really wanting to make one but I've got way to many projects going right now. I'm not as enamored with the other book. There are a couple designs that I like but I'm in no hurry to do any of them.

Well time to get a move on. I've got knitting to do. hehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been to "vinnies botique" many times but I have not been lucky in finding knitting books. I have just started "recycling" yarn from sweaters I have bought there. MaryKay fom ICK