Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Clue 3 finished



I actually finished it yesterday and got the new charts printed out. But I had to run in to town. I went to the bank and hit the dollar store and Border's.

I managed to pick up a copy of HP at Border's. Wal-Mart appeared to be out. I'm about halfway done reading it already. And that is with taking breaks to do other stuff. Not knitting just yet. Not until I finish the book, because I'm having trouble concentrating on anything else. hehe

I did pick up some yarn at the dollar store. I was going to look for picture frames, but I totally forgot when I saw the display of Lion Brand Incredible. I had always wanted to give this yarn a try but no way was I going to pay $6 a ball for it. Instead, I picked up 18 skeins of it for $18. hehe

Six balls of Autumn Leaves.

Six balls of Blue Shades.

And six balls of Accent on Black.

And here they are together. I may try and make some sort of top for myself. Either stripes or mitered squares. But that project will be some time in the future. I've got too much on my plate right now to mess with anything else.

I'll continue on with the mystery stole as soon as I'm done with HP. I do believe I'm going to add 2 repeats on for length. I have to look back in the archives, to make sure, but I'm pretty sure that when you finish with clue 3 it is supposed to be about 1/3 of the total length. At this point, if that is true, this stole won't even end up long enough to use as a scarf for me. I've got a second ball of yarn, so I am in no way worried about running out of it.

And the newest mystery shawl from GoddessKnits.com is due to start real soon. End of next week I think. I'm quite looking forward to using the Zephyr. I got a whole bunch of information from Sarah's when I got my yarn. It is real nice to have an actual color swatch card. If I enjoy knitting with the Zephyr as much as everyone else seems to, I'm sure I'll be ordering more from her.

Ok, I'm off to read some more. I haven't gotten to terribly upset with the book so far. Although there were a few times where I let out a little yell. There was one certain character that got hurt that kind of miffed me. But that is just cause I have a bit of an affinity for him. Sue will know who I mean. But don't worry, I will not hand out any spoilers. I don't really intend to discuss any details of the book for at least a month or more on here. I know I would be crushed to find out any details before reading them myself. I've deliberately stayed off of many sites for fear of reading anything. I do know a lady on one crochet group had found out something in an IRC chat room dedicated to crochet and it had her near tears. Of course some had to ridicule her for getting upset about it. They obviously are not into the whole HP thing. Not to mention jerks for being cruel. lol Anyways, I'm off.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I think we're on the same crochet group (I've only lurked there.) I almost said something but I didn't want to get into a flame war so I sat on my hands.

For pete's sake, you invest 7 years reading a story only to have someone spoil the ending? Hellooooo...

I would love to do a Mystery Shawl but I don't know when I would find the time.

Kathy said...

Thanks for the info about the mystery shawl. I might jump aboard the next one though.

It wasn't a huge spoiler but I think it gave away the ending. You know...I'm not going to say how it ended but I knew it would end this way because...and the reasons they give practically tell you what the ending is.

Kathy