Monday, December 26, 2005

4 a.m. is way too early

That is what time Nick woke me up. I let him stay up for about a half hour but we were both havin trouble keeping our eyes open so I made him go back to bed. He had a wonderful day. I of course bought him two of the same dang book. Man I'm a ditz.

I've done a lil searching and here are the books that my brother bought me. I still have no clue what magazine he got for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.







I'm thinking I'll be doing the Best Friend jacket shown on the cover of The Knit Stitch. I've got some hemp/wool that I want to make a jacket with. I'm a pita so I'll be making the fronts even. I guess I'm one of the 10% that doesn't like things uneven. hehe Actually, I just don't want people thinking I screwed it up. :OP I'm also wanting to make the short version of the Einstein coat. I don't know if the miles of garter stitch is going to drive me crazy or not though. hehehe I guess I'll have to have a lace shawl going at the same time for switching off to.

I've got to finish my green sweater and make Nick's striped one first though. The blue scarf I was making for Kelly is going to be frogged. A double knit scarf, while warm, is boring to knit even with the twisted stitches I added on the one side. I'll be putting Joe's scarf aside to finish some time later when I'm bored. It is too far along to frog.

Everyone liked their hats. Joe's green and cream hat was just a tad too long. Kelly's hat was huge on her. I didn't realize she has such a small noggin. Dad's hats fit well once Mom made him pull them on right. Mom loved her doilies. I tried dyeing the smaller one yellow cause of a small stain on it's edge. I guess I had to prove to myself that cotton can not be dyed with kool-aid. hehehe The whole process took the lil stain out though so all was well in the end.

No comments: